Analytics
3.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

How do I get data by county?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to look up the number of visitors to our website from a particular county in our state. I see where I can pull data by State and City, but don't see any way to pull the data by county other than by looking up each city in the county. That is an option, but this is a rural county where the majority of the population isn't in a city. Is there a way to get the number of visitors to a site from an entire county?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Maureen,

Not without a lot of work.  It can be done, moving forward, using data import.

I wrote a white paper on how to do it.. it's many pages so ... here is the link.

http://www.morevisibility.com/resources/white-papers/a-guide-to-adding-county-data-to-google-analyti...

Fair warning, you will be asked for your contact info to download - no obligation other than that. 

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you! You are right, this is going to take some work. 

I also think some of this may be beyond my technical ability. When I go to the following link in the whitepaper www.gsa.gov/portal/content/102761 the spreadsheet that downloads doesn't look like the screen shot, and it doesn't make sense to me. 

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Maureen!

I'm sorry I forgot they moved the data set to a separate form (ugh Smiley Sad).

You can download the completed data set here then just create your custom dimensions and your dataset for import then upload. 

http://www.morevisibility.com/county-data-set/

Best,

Theo

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn