Analytics
4.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

How do I generate a report of sessions data?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I'm finding the both the GUI and the API unintuitive with regards to generating a simple report listing sessions (and everything that happens in them). I see where sessions are called containers but I don't see how to get all the things in the containers. It seems like this should be the simplest report to generate. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jacob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jacob J
February 2016

Re: How do I generate a report of sessions data?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
If you're looking to generate a report where activity is identified as belonging to specific sessions and those sessions are identified specifically, then there is no way to do that. Each session does have a unique identifier, but GA doesn't make it available for use (at least not on the free platform, I'm not sure about the paid one)

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jacob J
February 2016

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
If you're looking to generate a report where activity is identified as belonging to specific sessions and those sessions are identified specifically, then there is no way to do that. Each session does have a unique identifier, but GA doesn't make it available for use (at least not on the free platform, I'm not sure about the paid one)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks. I suspected that this was the case. Disappointing but hardly unexpected.