Analytics
4.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

How do I create a master Google Analytics dashboard where I have multiple website?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to build a master dashboard where I can combined all my websites that I manage under one custom report. This report is needed as a way yo track all user, session and pageview traffic since my clients pay only when they use the site. I'm hoping there is an easier way to view this information rather than creating multiple dashboards for each site, I manage over 35 sites for my clients.  Any help would be really appreciated and would make my life a lot easier. 

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zackary M
June

Re: How do I create a master Google Analytics dashboard where I have multiple website?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Zackary M,

I do not believe that is possible within GA, I assume you have different GA Accounts set up for each website (different UA numbers) all under your login and password. My group found itself in a similar situation (not for charging but for tracking purposes) and I wen out and used the free version of Microsoft Power BI to pull the data and create a unified dashboard. Once management got wind of it and saw its power they wanted to do it enterprise wide, they have finally settled on Qlik which also has a free version but the connector to GA is not included. In my organization money is seldom a stubmling block and I now utilize Qlik as my BI tool; however I much preffer Microsft Power BI and I use it at home to pull data in when I work remote and then duplicate it in Qlik when I am back at the office. In any event a BI tool is much more suited to this and you can always make the dashboard available to your end users if need be.

Re: How do I create a master Google Analytics dashboard where I have multiple website?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Brian B,

I was really hoping that GA had the capability to produce a master dashboard for combining data. I've very similar with Microsoft Power BI and found this to be the solution that I need to create the master dashboard, hopefully in the future Google with create a feature within GA.

How do I create a master Google Analytics dashboard where I have multiple website?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

My quick reflections:

- you can use Google Sheets and the Google Analytics add-on to visualise data; it's pretty straightforward and there's a reasonable amount of online help out there. It has the advantage that you can mash up data from many different GA views, as well as manipulating the data with the Google Sheets functions. 

- As for paid solutions, I'm pretty taken with Klipfolio - fantastic online support.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

oh, and there's always Data Studio as well - Google's own dashboarding product!

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Google Data Studio should be marked as the best answer.