Analytics
2.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

How can I track the post count per author ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how can I track the post count for each author.

I am running a Wordpress news website and have several authors that write content each week. 

I am trying to figure out a way to track the "performance" of each author, but also correlate it to the number of articles that they have posted each week. 

So far I have implemented a data layer on the website using GTM and DuracellTomi's plugin. I have managed to "pull" metrics such as: pageviews, unique vistors... for each author, by assigning a content group in  GA and linking it with a GTM variable.

Now, do you happen to know a way to also link the number of total posts for each author and see the overall author "performance" divided on the articles that they have wrote ?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can I track the post count per author ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Alex S,
One option would be create a hit scoped custom dimension that you can send the Author details into. With this CD, you can easily pull up a Posts report which would include the various authors. For example, in your Posts report, you could pull in that Author dimension along with pageviews to see which particular post from a specific author received the most pageviews within a particular time frame.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Re: How can I track the post count per author ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Nicky,

Thank you for your suggestion. I will have to do a bit of research on hit scoped custom dimensions.