Analytics
3.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

How can I show the "Absolute Unique Visitors" in GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, guys.

Maybe it was possible to view "Absolute Unique visitor(: excluding duplicate visitors for some date range)" in 2013-2015.

But I can't find it right now. How can I show it?

Or is the name of "Absolute Unique visitor" change to another?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Andrew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Junghyun L
February 2017

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Andrew,

Unfortunately, Google Analytics does not report on "Absolute unique users" anymore. The 'users' metric includes both new and returning users. Here you can read more about that.

Bear in mind, client ID is not shared between different devices and browsers (by default), so the same person can be counted as a new user or returning user more than once by GA. If you've implemented user-id tracking then each unique User ID is considered to be a unique user in Analytics, so you get a more accurate user count in your reports.

In order to use User ID tracking, you must be able to generate your own unique IDs. It means that there should be an option to create an account (authenticate) on your site and log in.

Hope this helps.

Taavi

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Junghyun L
February 2017

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Andrew,

Unfortunately, Google Analytics does not report on "Absolute unique users" anymore. The 'users' metric includes both new and returning users. Here you can read more about that.

Bear in mind, client ID is not shared between different devices and browsers (by default), so the same person can be counted as a new user or returning user more than once by GA. If you've implemented user-id tracking then each unique User ID is considered to be a unique user in Analytics, so you get a more accurate user count in your reports.

In order to use User ID tracking, you must be able to generate your own unique IDs. It means that there should be an option to create an account (authenticate) on your site and log in.

Hope this helps.

Taavi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Taavi,

Thanks for your help.

Have a good day!