Analytics
2.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

How can I see what % of GOAL successes (or views of Page XYX) started on our blog : site.com/blog/

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to figure out how helpful our blog is succeeding at inbound marketing leading to conversions.

So, they "found" us through our blog then made a Conversion.

The conversion could be a purchase  (so visits to purchaseconfirmation.htm) or just a download of our software.

Both of these are goals.

I want to see how many of those Goals were initiated by a visit (via natural search, Referral link from 3rd party site, or Direct typing of url) to our Blog.

So I want to know, of, say 100 Goal successes, what % where someone's first page visit to our site was the blog?

How can I see what % of GOAL successes (or views of Page XYX) started on our blog : site.com/blog/

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

You can check Behavior > Site Content > Landing Pages report.
It will give you information on how many goals were completed by entering your site through different pages.
You can also create a new segment with condition Landing Page contains /blog/

Re: How can I see what % of GOAL successes (or views of Page XYX) started on our blog : site.com/blo

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hmmm... that's a nice report but it shows by Landing Page and I'd like to see by group of landing pages (i.e., all of our /blog/* pages).

So, perhaps your idea of creating a Segment ( landing page contains /blog) would be better.

So, how about if I had a Segment filtered on Condition: Landing Page contains /blog

Is this correct?

gAnalytisSegment.jpg

And,  

Am I understanding this correctly?
That 23% of my sessions started on the Blog and that all 5 of them completed this Goal?

And that, then I had only 5/23% (or about 20) sessions total for that period?

That seems awfully low.

gaGoalFlow2.jpg

Re: How can I see what % of GOAL successes (or views of Page XYX) started on our blog : site.com/blo

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

If I make the viewed Segment ALL users then it shows 213 sessions

And if I set Segment=Started on Blog then it shows 5 sessions (which would be about 2.5% of all sessions). That seems reasonable, and contradicts with the  screenshot above showing the % of sessions that "Started on Blog) .

See screenshots below.

Questions:

1. How do I see the % success of the Goal? (I.e., I assume that not ALL of the folks who started on that Goal completed it.

GoalResults1.jpgGoalResults2.jpg