Analytics
4.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

How can I see how many new and returning visitors have come to a specific page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to understand how many new and returning visitors I've had during a certain time range to a specific page. 

After reading a help article, I thought it would be going to the Site Content > All Pages report, and entering the page URL into the search window, as shown in the attached screen grab. 

In the Explorer section, I'm unable to select Sessions as a metric, though. So I've selected Unique Pageviews, which I understand corresponds to Sessions, but not unique sessions.

So then I selected Multi-session users, but I'm not clear on how multi-session users of unique page views (350) could be greater than New users unique page views (192) for a given time period, unless it's including people who arrived as new users prior to the report period? However, the report period seems to max at 90 days, so does that mean that new vs returning users are only evaluated during the 90 day report period? 

Back to my initial question, I'm wanting to know how many new and returning visitors I've had to this page during this time period. Beyond that, if there's a way to see visit count averages, that would be great.

Input on this will be greatly appreciated. Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 4.57.00 PM.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

> unless it's including people who arrived as new users prior to the report period?

You are in the right direction but not quite.

To get better understanding on users, new vs returnings, I would recomend to read this specific article.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Doug

Try to use 'Count of session' as a secondary dimension in your report. This will give you an understanding what pageviews happen in the first sessions of users ( Count of session = 1)