Analytics
4.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

How can I add a listing of the top 10 viewed pages to a custom report?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm creating a custom report to create a pdf file of specific metrics and one of the ones I need in this report is the top 10 pages viewed on a client's website. I've gotten as far as setting up the stats I want to track, but when I look for for a "Dimension Drilldown" option that would create the list I want I can't find anything suitable.

How can I get this top 10 pages list onto my custom report?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can I add a listing of the top 10 viewed pages to a custom report?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Jason you can create a report with the following configured "Flat View" Dimension 1 = Page Title, Dimension 2 = Page, Metric 1 = Pageviews, add additional metrics if you want in mine I add as Metric 2= Sessions, metric 3= Users. save the report by default it will sort by Pageviews and show the top 10 pages. You can get this same information under Behavior-->Site Content-->All Pages by default it wont show the Page Title but you can add a secondary dimension to it and it will in essence be the same as the custom report I mentioned above.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I was able to find that, but it wouldn't help much with automating reports, so thanks for your instructions on how to add it to the custom reports. I was shuddering at the thought of having to eventually end up getting that report manually for every client as my business grows, and now I don't have to. Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I just checked and there are no such dimension options at "Page Title" or "Page". I displayed the whole list of dimensions alphabetical order and the only thing that has anything to do with pages is a dimension called "Page Depth". So basically I'm still right where I started, no options to add the dimension I need that I can find, at least nothing that by their name makes any sense.

So, where the heck to I find these options?

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Jason you should have a dimension of "Page Title" and one called "Page" I am not sure why they are not displaying for you, I have seen a couple other posts where individuals have mentioned that they to are missing dimensions or metrics. I would think that everyone would have the same basic dimensions and metics when using GA. Which flavor of GA are you using I am just using the free version. I tried to add an image but this forum keeps saying invalid html I see that images work for some but not others not sure why. If you can do a screen capture and post of your dimensions and tell me what flavor of GA your using that might help.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm using a free analytics account, should be the same account as you.

Here's a screenshot of what I see in the reports editor:

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

I can't think of any valid reason for 2 people with identical accounts to have different features, that just doesn't make any sense, so either there's something else going on that I'm not seeing, or there's a bug in my account.

EDIT: I also couldn't insert an image using Google's built in tool, it kept generating an "HTML error" which can only be a bug since that was all autogenerated code I had no control over and when I looked in the html editor I could see that the code was wrong right away. Managed to upload the image somewhere else and link to it though, which may be what you have to do to show me that image you wanted to add.

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines. This was done in order to remove a screenshot that included private information such as an email address, an account ID, or similar.
Please feel free to re-post the screenshot after having removed or entirely obscured any and all information that has the potential to put your accounts and/or your privacy at risk, when published in a public forum. Thank you for your understanding.

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
I agree that since we are both using the same version we should see the same things between Other Category and Page Depth I have Page. Basicly the only difference between your report and mine is I did mine in Falt Table and you re in Explorer but that should make no difference in the dimensions available, in fact I just went in and created the same report in explorer and the dimensions are still there. Does not make sense I even checked my Adminsection to see if I could come up with a setting that might cause some dimensions not to show and I don't even see anything there that coud cause this. Have you tried creating a new view and see if the dimensions show up in the new view, grasping at air here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm not finding anything relevant in the views settings. Is there any way to contact Google tech support to report a probable bug? That's the only thing I can think of at this point that could be causing this issue.

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star
If youhave an account rep you could go through them otherwise you might want to check out this page and see if it helps:
http://www.google.com/intl/en/contact/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Unfortunately I do not have an account rep, and that other link is how I arrived here in the first place. I'm currently going around in circles trying to find a way to contact someone in Google to report an issue and getting nowhere. All I get are pre-fab info pages that don't answer my issue -- and links back to here.