Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

How Does GA Give Credit to What Type of Medium You Came From?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

I've a few questions:

1.) If a user initially reached my website via my AdWords ad, then bounces, and then enters via organic link, would this particular user's session fall under medium: cpc because that's how he initially came to my site? Or would he be attributed under medium: organic, or both?

2.) Does different models of Attribution (Conversions --> Attribution) affect how user mediums is attributed? For example, if I have First-Click, would the user's session who enters from AdWords ad fall under Medium: CPC?

3.) Can a user's session fall under 2 mediums? For example, he enters first via AdWords, then a day later, he enters via Organic. Would both mediums get credit for the session?

Thanks!

Re: How Does GA Give Credit to What Type of Medium You Came From?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Peter,
I would like you to check my old post on similar issue. I hope you will get answer in that post.

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Using-AdWords-with-Google/difference-in-adwords-and-analyt...

Thanks

Re: How Does GA Give Credit to What Type of Medium You Came From?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi santosh,

Thank you for the reply. I read your answer in the other post, however, I was asking about medium attribution, not conversion attribution.