Analytics
5.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Hourly Data Not Update For Few Hours

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Last weekend, Google Analytics suddenly slowed down the frequency of updates for one of my sites. It went from at least hourly updates to every 3 hours, for several days. Then it didn't update at all Wednesday (the account time zone is set to Istanbul time, so Wednesday is 'over' at this point). I assumed the initial slowdown in updating was based on hitting higher traffic levels (50,000 sessions/day reach, and we also went over 1 million sessions in last 30 days at same time). But then after just 5 days of slow updating, it hasn't updated a single time today. Real time traffic is of course working fine, so data is being collected, reports are just not being updated. Should I expect only daily updates from now on at this traffic level, or is something wrong?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Hourly Data Not Update For Few Hours

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Ryan while GA tries to get your data to you as fast as possible they have a ton of data to parse out and store in their DB's sometimes the data will be available almost immediately but it can take up to 48 hours for any or all data to be reported. While it is nice that you can include the current date in your reports you should not rely on that information as many times it will be different when you look at the same data over the same reporting period several days from now. I only report data up to two or three days ago, this gives the processing servers at Google plenty of time to catch up.