Analytics
2.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Hourly Data Not Update For Few Hours

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,
We are facing critical issues in Google Analytic Hourly data report. We don't see any value for a few hours for the site, data is not being updated for several hours. Facing this issue since 24 Jan 2016, inserting an image for more clarification, please check and advice how we solve this issue.

analytics.png

Thanks in Advance..

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Hourly Data Not Update For Few Hours

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Rajesh,

The real question is: are you able to see the data in arrears. That is, if you are looking at today's data and see gaps; you are probably hitting the intra-day processing limit. Unless of course you are on GA Premium and in that case you should contact your Google rep. If you are on free, you are sending a lot of hits (based on your screenshot) and the data should shake out and be in the account once the final processing is done for the day. Unless of course you are exceeding the limit of the free service which is 10MM hits per month. If that's the case, you'll likely hear from Google at some point and be asked to self sample to slow down your hit push to GA.

If it's not an intra-day processing limit, either the hits are not being sent or the GATC somehow takes a 12 hour hiatus from the site. Smiley Happy

Hope that helps.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Bennet,
Thanks for your response, based on your mail yes we are over 10 Millions monthly data and its free version.
Also two things : -
1. Can you please clarify what is mean by "not being sent or the GATC" and how to solve it
2. Any contact for for Google rep, Google support only for Adwords not for free version.

Waiting for your response.

Regards,

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Rajesh Kumar,

There is no one to call for free GA, only Google Analytics Premium. By not being sent, I simply meant that; however unlikely, it's possible something might be preventing the data from flowing and I meant it tounge-in-cheek -- especially regarding my GATC comment.

I think the real issue is simple your traffic level exceeds the TOS for free GA. Normally if that's the case, you may get a warning from Google prompting you to upgrade or sample the hits you are sending to GA.via a customization of the GATC / UA Server side to set a sample rate. Even if they never reach out to you, GA only processes so much data for free accounts during the day that hits are collected and will then process the data in batch. It CAN take up to 3 days for Ecommerce data, for example, to show up in reports..

The real question to you in my original post is: Is this only seen the day of or the day after data collection and does it eventually correct itself? If you were to look at the 24th of January today, do you now see complete data? And if it's not now corrected, does this pattern repeat on a regular basis? If the data does not self correct, then anything is possible; including someone at your organization has -- perhaps -- received notification from Google and is attempting to implement a sampling scheme? (Unlikely, I must admit.).

Post back to let us know if the data corrects or if that is a regular pattern.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,
Thanks for your response, Its corrected version, Its happen only on the 24th, in other days its looks fine.

Thanks

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
If it still looks like that today, then you most likely had a temporary issue in sending data to GA. Either the site was down or the tracking code (GATC) was temporarily removed. That said, any day of data or even previous day could be incomplete until the system catches up with your data load. Theo Bennett
Connect on LinkedIn