Analytics
2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Hit-level versus session-level metrics

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I use Supermetrics to pull data out of Google Analytics. What I'm trying to pull out the pageviews of all the form confirmation pages on our website along with related data about that visitor:

- Country

- Channel grouping

- Campaign/source/medium

- Device category

It does pull, but what I'm realizing is that it may not be accurate since some of these are session-level and some are hit-level. Since I want to pull out the pagepath and pageviews in addition to the others (which aren't hit-level dimensions), how do I go about doing that and making sure it's accurate? Basically, I want to know, for anyone who fills out the form, what are their defining characteristics. We did originally have some goals set up, but they don't cover all the forms (we're revising them, but we won't have the historical data). 

I was hoping to pull all the data in one pull rather than four different pulls. But if four pulls is necessary, I'll do that. But I'm even having trouble with just one: pagepath and country, since country is user-level and pagepath is hit-level.

Help?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

So the more I'm reading about this, the more it's looking like this may not even be possible. How can I even tell how many forms (and which ones they were) were filled out from people who came in from different channels? The form is a page/hit-level dimension and the channel is a session-level dimension. Is this even possible? We don't have enough goals to be able to cover it all. I would love some ideas because this is one of our most important KPIs. 

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Anyone? Please help?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Ok apparently I was freaking out over nothing...I just checked this again in the dimensions/metrics reference and it looks like all the things I want to pull are ok to pull together. The data still looks weird, but it's not as much of an issue as I thought.