Analytics
4.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

High Bounce Rate for mobile site chrome version 38.0.125.166

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

While accessing the data for bounce rate of mobile site found that there is a high amount of traffic from Chrome browser version 38.0.1025.166 which is on mobile device nexus 5 and the user agent corresponding to this particular is

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.2.1; en-us; Nexus 5 Build/JOP40D) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko; googleweblight) Chrome/38.0.1025.166 Mobile Safari/535.19

It is showing a bounce rate of over 99% since July. However the traffic has also been increased drastically from the month of July.

Need to know the issue behind this kind of behavior shown. And how to tackle this. Is this due to the google weblight traffic. But why GA is taking it as a bounce user.

Re: High Bounce Rate for mobile site chrome version 38.0.125.166

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Aditi,

Had similar experience with one of my monitoring tool.(This is not solution)

We used to hit the mobile site through chrome browser on home page only for monitoring purpose. Hence we saw high bounce rate specific to that browser.

So, worth cross checking is there monitoring running on the mobile site. If Yes, then check the number of pages and landing pages.

Sam

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Can you tell me the monitoring tool that you used. In my case GA is showing such behavior.

Also to note is that the same user agent for all the cases.
Is it due to web light version. How GA is taking care of its own functionality.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
There are multiple monitoring tool are available in the market, you need to configure this one
If you think you didn't configured this one then it might be some kind of SPAM accessing you website continuously.

Try applying filters by City & browser in a different view, before that do cross check any other users from these two dimensions.

Note: Once data got filtered, no way to retain the data for that view.

Sam.