Analytics
1.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Help with Reporting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

To whom it may concern:

I am having the issue of the audience numbers being reported from blogger are not the same numbers being reported from analytics.  Please let me know if there is some error in the way I created the account views or if there is supposed to be a difference between the two.  If any additional information is needed, please let me know.  Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Be blessed and enjoy life!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Help with Reporting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Obioku O :-)
What method did you use for installing the tracking code?
Usually there will be differences in the numbers reported by the two, as they are different tracking solutions.using different methods
for tracking.
Blogger stats will give a good general insight into blog traffic however google analytics is an industry recognized analytics tool
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
First let me thank you for replying. I copy and pasted the tracking code from analytics to the home page of my blog as well as each post's page. It seems that the reports were the same for about a month. Lately, its different to where blogger will report a new country and analytics will not it to its map. Beside possibly being a different standard, what else could be a reason for how this can happen. If any additional information is required, please let me know. Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Be blessed and enjoy life!

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Obioku O
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Google analytics is not for the purpose of tracking all traffic to a site/blog.
Its more for looking at trends over time and what site visitors do once they get to your site,
There are a number of situations google analytics wont track visitors..
- bot traffic that analytics isn't tracking but that blogger is picking up and reporting.
- visitor isn't using a browser that has javascript, images or cookies enabled.
- they have opted out of analytics tracking
- tracking script doesn't load before they navigate away from the site
- they press the browser stop or back button preventing the tracking script from loading.
and other reasons too for discrepancies occurring.too such as filters altering data in analytics.
(or filters not working correctly in analytics)..

-
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here