Analytics
6.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Help Understanding a Significant Region Based Session Increase

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our site is experiencing a huge YOY session increase based on a specific region of the US. The sessions aren't consistent with the prior years sessions from that region. The time spent on site is only 15 seconds this year compared to 5 minutes last year. I've been able to determine the traffic is direct and all going to the same login page on our site. There has not been any marketing or promotion of the login page in this region that might help explain the increase. 

Does anyone have a suggestion how to go about understanding what is causing this session increase? 

Thank you for your assistance. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Has your bounce rate dropped to a very low percentage and do other regions seem to be ok.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Other regions are okay. I submitted a support ticket to our IT helpdesk and found out that they contracted a 3rd party service to ping our site to make sure it was always working. I just need to find the IP address so I can filter the traffic. 

Thank you for your help.