Analytics
3.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Help! : My Analytics is adding an extra part to my URL's

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Roughly a week ago my analytic's account started to add an extra part to my URL's and I haven't found any help through google yet to stop it from reporting this way so I'm hoping someone here can help.

My problem is /checkout is being added to every URL. For example my main page has become reported as mywebpage.com/checkout and every other page did the same! for example: mywebpage.com/contact/checkout  , mywebpage.com/product/product-filter/checkout 

printscreen example:

fd.JPG

It's not the same on the live website as visiting any url with /checkout attached does not exist so it seems to be an analytics issue - has anyone had something happen similar and could help me fix it? As at the moment i getting two reports for visitors to the same page and I can't track who is actually visiting my checkout!

if it helps the webpage is www.fortisbattery.com

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stevie L
February 2016

Re: Help! : My Analytics is adding an extra part to my URL's

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Check your Admin > View > View Settings > Default page setting....
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Stevie,

Most likely you have somewhere a relative link to your checkout page so it is getting appended to the end of the URL. Is www.fortisbattery.com the site with the issue?

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You can also check to see if someone placed a Filter on the view you are looking at . Under "admin" right column, Filters. A filter can be used to alter pageviews.