Analytics
5.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Help:Importing Geographical Data Into GA

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have imported Geographical data using Custom dimension and the geographical data import feature .I have used the parent ID AKA city id according to Google analytics geotargeting API.

My question is how much time it will show up in the custom dimesion after creating it in GA and my other question is if i use GA debugger and visit the website my self from Kolkata as i set Kolkata as one of the city id in the imported csv schema can these data show up in GA debugger?

When uploading the schema csv all is fine and the schema is uploaded without any error.

I have created my schema like this:

In the schema I have 3 columns one is state name like kolkata ,delhi etc.(I called it state just for experimentation)it is just the column name,one column is region id which i got from analytics api  Google Geo ID Lookup site and the last one is package name like a,b,c which is custom data and which i sent it via custom dimension already created  and the value is in the csv sheet.

Now i am joining the data via the region id key.

But the reporting is not yet visible.

I have created the process 30 min ago.