Analytics
2.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Help/Explain whats going on in...... Audience<User Explorer<(Picking a client)<(Viewing a Session)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

IF THIS IS NORMAL LET ME KNOW... So when I view a user's individual session pageviews I always get two pages popping up at the same time, why is this?  Our website uses and was built by Volusion.  Since we have had them redesigned our website for us we have been getting with HUGE charges for going over our bandwidth.  In my eyes, if it is actually reloading each and every page twice, this would explain us going over our bandwidth (35G/Month).  I can't seem how to fix this issue.  I deleted our UA tag along with a different GA tracking code (because it was not even close to being accurate), and I'm still having this happen.

Thanks for your time, -Zach

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 11.39.27 AM.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zach G
January 2017

Help/Explain whats going on in...... Audience&lt;User Explorer&lt;(Picking a client)&lt;(Viewing a Session)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Zach,

Most likely you are double tracking the pageviews. How is your bounce rate? If it's very low, that would be a proof for duplicate tracking. You can check if your tracking tag is working correctly with the Google Tag Assistant Chrome extension. Let me know what you find.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Help/Explain whats going on in...... Audience&lt;User Explorer&lt;(Picking a client)&lt;(Viewing a Session)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes! Bounce rate is less that 1%. I assumed it was right only since 98% of the traffic source is direct or Referred along with the fact that this has been doing this since day one.  I do have that extension but cannot figure out how to use it... Working on that now...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Let me know if you need help with it. Here is a video that will help you get started: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7zoJR6uq2g

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital