Analytics
3.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Help: Comparing pages on the same timeframe from page going live

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

(Apologies if this is not the best forum for this question; forum newbie Smiley Happy )

Hello, 

I work for an organization that periodically releases public content (reports, blog-like posts, etc). Each release has its own separate page within our domain, so I can see analytics (e.g., pageviews, users etc.) for each page separately as part of the list of all pages in our domain, say, under Behavior.

Currently, when I check performance for these pages, I set a date range, and compare how the different pages did in during that date range. For example, lets say I published 3 reports:

Report 1 - January 2015

Report 2 - April 2015

Report 3 - July 2015

Currently, I'd set a date range - say, calendar year 2015 - and see how many pageviews, for example, each of these reports got. But that means I am comparing 12 months of report 1 to nine months of report 2 and 6 months of report 3. 

What I would like to do is to tell google analytics to instead report to me how each of these reports did, say, in the first 90 days from their release (i.e., from the time the page went live). Can I do that and how?

Thanks,
Reuven

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Reuven S
August 2016

Re: Help: Comparing pages on the same timeframe from page going live

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Reuven,

You can use Universal Analytics to compare TWO different time periods. So you can go to the date selection area, select the the first 90 days from Report #3 and then below select the option "Compare to: " and then select "Custom" and select the 90 days after Report #2.

Unfortunately, as far as I know you can only use this feature with TWO different time periods - no more. So you would have to use Google Sheets, Excel or another tool to compare all 3 together.

Let me know if this helps!
- Josh
Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Josh,

I used 3 reports as an example, in reality I would be comparing a much larger number. Was hoping there was a google analytics functionality or clever bypass I wasn't aware of before hitting the spreadsheet option Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Oops, and I accidentally marked this as a solution. Not sure how to undo that Smiley Happy

But if there are any other ideas as to how I could approach this, please share.

Thanks everyone.

Reuven

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Not without using the API option. At least as far as I know ...

Wish i had a more helpful answer!
Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’