Analytics
1.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

HELP: Tracking two IDs for 1 site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We just noticed that our Google Analytics Tracking ID is mismatched. This is the error I've received: Tracking Code Mismatch

Tracking code on page www.getfacilified.com/ does not match property Facilify's tracking ID UA-XXXXXXX. 

The tracking ID that is on our website via a Google Analytics Add On for Wordpress is not the same that my Google Analytics Account has.

Is there a way to update soley the Tracking ID or create a new account with this Tracking ID I have so that the data isn't lost? Basically, the tracking ID that my Google Analytics account is tracking is not the right one that the Google Ad on for Wordpress is tracking, and I want to make it the ID that the tracking code on my page on Wordpress is. 

I want the data that is on the Google Analytics Add On to Wordpress, as that is what Google is tracking, not the account I have ownership of here. 
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: HELP: Tracking two IDs for 1 site

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Katherine,

Properties cannot be moved between the accounts. You need to get access to the account that has the property your site is tracking for. For more details please check this document:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1102152
Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have a similar problem - there are two different tracking IDs, on different Google accounts - for the same domain, one as just the domain and the second assigned to the www. preface. Can I merge the two accounts? I have access to both.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi KAtie,

Unfortunately you cannot merge accounts. Please check the document for details about the analytics account structure: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1102152

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital