Analytics
6.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Grouping URI pages to the (other). How to analyze?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.

There ecommerce website with a search bar. GA collects a lot of data, so there is an association URI pages in a group (other) in the report "all pages". Adding additional parameters in the view settings for exception dynamic data retrieval doesn’t help. Maybe I made some mistakes, or maybe this is not the correct way to improve it.

The question is - how can I analyze the data from this group (other)? How can I understand which pages are hidden behind these (other)?

P.s. about the moving to the Analytics 360 I know).

And, I’ve visited page https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009671 but still can’t understand how improve my data.

I would be grateful for ideas, tips and any other help.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alex Volkov
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Alex Volkov yes keyword, categoryId and similar would be dynamic parameters. Of these you may choose to exclude only a part as in some cases the uri by itself will not contain sufficient descriptors. 

By multple queries I mean exporting GA data day by day or week by week so the number of pages in the table would perhaps not suffer from the extra unique URIs. (This is also doable if you apply / select smaller date ranges inside GA interface).

In any case please note:

1. all of these tasks should be done initially in a new view so you can see the results and then apply the same settings to your reporting view

2. all of this changes do not apply to historic data but are instead applicable to data from the date of change (query parameter removal) forward

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Zorin

Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Alex Volkov there are 2 main ways to achieve less (other) - 1) create a separate view where query parameters will be obfuscated (removed) OR 2) choose a shorter time range and do multiple queries for a required period of time. 

Hope it helps. 

Kind regards,

Zorin

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. Thanks for your reply. "do multiple queries" - what do you mean here? Sorry, I can't understand what I should do.

I've already tried to remove search parameters like "domain, q, s, keyword, username", but it doesn't help. Maybe I chose wrong parameters.

Example of the URI here: ?keyword=xddhd.com&CategoryId=&AvailableIds=0&watchpreorderkeyword=&checklist=&sortexpression=&revertIds=&Extensions=0

As I understand, my dynamic parameters is keyword, CategoryId and so on, yes?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alex Volkov
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Alex Volkov yes keyword, categoryId and similar would be dynamic parameters. Of these you may choose to exclude only a part as in some cases the uri by itself will not contain sufficient descriptors. 

By multple queries I mean exporting GA data day by day or week by week so the number of pages in the table would perhaps not suffer from the extra unique URIs. (This is also doable if you apply / select smaller date ranges inside GA interface).

In any case please note:

1. all of these tasks should be done initially in a new view so you can see the results and then apply the same settings to your reporting view

2. all of this changes do not apply to historic data but are instead applicable to data from the date of change (query parameter removal) forward

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Zorin