Analytics
2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Graphic to show sources by day

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Currently when browsing the Adquisition > Source/Medium graphic it shows on the top part of the screen a graphic with the Sessions per day and below a table showing all the sources for the complete period. 

I need to show my clients the same graphic per day but instead of showing all sessions, showing the sessions for each day by sources ? Can't find a way to get this.

I managed to get something, as shown below, but what I need is that same information on the same graphic (and also the other sources too)

2017-06-30_15-36-35

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Corobori
July

Re: Graphic to show sources by day

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

On the left-side of the table rows there's a checkbox. Check a few of those and click on "Plot Rows" and the graph will show total as well as a line for each of the selected rows. The problem, as you will see, is the visual might not be very usable... showing "Total Sessions" with low number for some sources will look like a flat line at the bottom... You might want to extract the data you need and use something else to do the visualization - maybe Data Studio, a Google Sheet with graphs, or Tableau (if you have the budget).

2017-07-01_09-53-28.png

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Corobori
July

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

On the left-side of the table rows there's a checkbox. Check a few of those and click on "Plot Rows" and the graph will show total as well as a line for each of the selected rows. The problem, as you will see, is the visual might not be very usable... showing "Total Sessions" with low number for some sources will look like a flat line at the bottom... You might want to extract the data you need and use something else to do the visualization - maybe Data Studio, a Google Sheet with graphs, or Tableau (if you have the budget).

2017-07-01_09-53-28.png

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Stéphane,

Indeed it isn't easy, especially considering that traffic from Facebook, which is my client's need, is split up between m.facebook.com, l.facebook.com and facebook.com.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Why not do the same, but look at the Channels report instead? One of the channel is Social. You can drill down and see Facebook on its own.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Done, indeed better. Still I wish to have a stack bar graphic because as you said the visual is not great with the line graphic.

And exporting the results isn't helpful the way months value are shown.

2017-07-06_15-36-29.jpg