Analytics
4.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Graph of Pages?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm investigating Sessions and Pages/Session, broken down by custom dimensions.

I'd like to be able to show a graph of Pages, but it doesn't seem to exist. How do I do that?

One group of users is increasing their Pages/Session and decreasing their Sessions over a period of time -- but the actual Pages stays constant.

This is important info to me, but I've been graphing it in Google Sheets because I can't figure out if Google Analytics can graph it.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Corey K
May 2016

Re: Graph of Pages?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Arjun,

You're right, the All Pages view has a Page Views column. Unfortunately, it doesn't allow a custom dimension or custom variable as the primary dimension.

However, your suggestion led me to the solution -- apparently I can add a "Page Views" column to my custom dimension reports.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Hi Corey!

It just sounds like you're looking for a timeline graph of pageviews which you should see in the all pages report. You can even switch between custom variables from above the table to see graphs for the different custom variables.

If you were referring to custom segments, it should work for that too.

Or are you looking for something else?

Cheers,
Arjun
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Corey K
May 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Arjun,

You're right, the All Pages view has a Page Views column. Unfortunately, it doesn't allow a custom dimension or custom variable as the primary dimension.

However, your suggestion led me to the solution -- apparently I can add a "Page Views" column to my custom dimension reports.

Thanks!