Analytics
5.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google import from GA Solutions Gallery asks to login and redirects to GA home dashboard

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm having trouble importing reports from the GA Solutions Gallery. I created a quick YouTube video to display what is happening:

https://youtu.be/067jjfgf1sw

I visit Customization from the top Menu then click on the button "Import from Gallery". The window pops up with a selections to import various reports. I click on one. Then I'm redirected and asked to login again. I select the profile that I want to login and then I'm redirected to the GA dashboard. Anyone having similar problems?

Please view the YouTube so you can see what I'm seeing. It'll help in understanding what I'm seeing. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google import from GA Solutions Gallery asks to login and redirects to GA home dashboard

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Do you know what rights you have inside of GA, I have Manage Users, Edit, Collaborate, and Read & Analyze at the Account, Property and View levels. With this permission which I believe is as high as you can have in GA I was able to Import the Content Analysis Dashboard into the view I wanted without issue.

Thus I suspect a permission issue.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same problem (without the log-in prompt shown in the video). 

When I checked my permissions I appear to have all four options ticked.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Looks like a browser or browser cache issue: switching from Safari to Firefox resolves this for me.