Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google analytics

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We have a website called UKSAYSNOMORE and its a charity website that we have set up to raise awareness of and put an end to domestic violence and sexual assault across the UK.

We think that the google analytics on the site may be incorrect, and I wanted to ask :

Is there a way we can reset the analytics to zero?

Can we clear all previous data and start again making sure all of the measures are reset to allow us to start gathering data from scratch?

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Regards,

Sinead

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Sinead :-)
welcome to the GA Advertiser Community :-)
There is no way to set it back to 0 as such, however what you can do is create one or more new Views then delete the old ones.
When a new View is created, it wont populate with historical data, it will only track data going forward from the time it is created.

Ideally you should have an initial View.. this should always remain without any filters. that way there is always a raw, unedited copy of
site data to refer to if needed.
There should be at least one Master View. - a main reporting View that can have filters applied to it
Other reporting Views as needed with filters etc depending on reporting needs
and a Test View for testing Filters and similar before they are applied to any of the Master or other Reporting Views.

(For your online privacy and security (and in keeping with Community Guidelines), you may want to edit your post to remove your email address.
- This can be done be clicking the 3 vertical dots at the top right edge of the particular post and selecting the Edit option)

Thanks
Bronwyn
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: Google analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
FYI... you don't necessarily have to delete the old view. You can leave it for a given time, and just create the new view and compare them. If the old view data turns out to be correct, you then have additional historic or baseline data to draw from.

If you choose to keep the old view for a time, you should put an "annotation" on the overview chart, to note when you created the new view or began the test.