Analytics
2.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google analytics suddenly stopped tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The analytics for my site stopped working 10 days ago. I have not made any changes, anybody else have a similar issue
?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author DukeManufacturing
December 2016

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Your site is sending hits to the GA account with ID: UA-15427140-1. So data is being tracked somewhere.

However, you are sending double page views which will be screwing up any tracking to do with page views, time on page, bounce rate etc. Session numbers should be ok. 

You will find GA tracking code in three (!) places in your site's code - for example, on page: http://dukemfg.com/contact/canada/service-department/ you will find it on line 75,450 and 624. 

Remove 2 of these snippets and also compare that the ID matches that of the property you are using. 

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Tracking does not just *stop*.

Either you or someone made changes to the site itself (very likely removing the tracking code) or to the GA configuration.

What is your site's URL?

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It also appears in the time frame the bounce rate was 100%

the site address is dukemfg.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have also found that an employee downloaded a GA plugin for our wordpress site recently, however an incorrect tracking ID was used from one of our other sites? Could this be contributing to my issues?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author DukeManufacturing
December 2016

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Your site is sending hits to the GA account with ID: UA-15427140-1. So data is being tracked somewhere.

However, you are sending double page views which will be screwing up any tracking to do with page views, time on page, bounce rate etc. Session numbers should be ok. 

You will find GA tracking code in three (!) places in your site's code - for example, on page: http://dukemfg.com/contact/canada/service-department/ you will find it on line 75,450 and 624. 

Remove 2 of these snippets and also compare that the ID matches that of the property you are using. 

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your help. It seems the issue was a combination of several things, as I am now seeing live numbers. 1) there were multiple Google analytic plugins running at the same time. 2) one plugin had wrong GA ID 3) GA tracking code in multiple locations.

I believe I have everything squared away. Thank you!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

gdcustomhomebuilding.com I have the same problem. Is there a phone number that I can phone to call to fix the problem.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Julien,

My site URL is https://www.://gdcustomhomebuilding.com any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Julien,

Is there any one I can phone to try to help me fix the problem.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Julien,

Could you please help me to fix the problem. My URL:https://www.gdcustomhomebuilding.com. Thank you.

Regards Geoffrey.