Analytics
3.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google analytics suddenly stopped tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know that recently there was a bug which removed showed that data was not being tracked. On all of my account excluding one, the data has come back. I am now a week on and still have the issue. 

Was the issue related to filters? How can I force through the Google Bug fix to get my data showing. Thankfully I have another panel which will give me data for the meantime but I really need this one back.

Suggestions?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google analytics suddenly stopped tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, Tom P,

Sorry to hear about that! Can you share more about this recent bug just so we're on the same page? Also, you've probably already check that you don't have filters removing your data, etc., correct? What is different about this one account, compared to the others, that no data shows up? Are the filters the same, is the tracking for each account implemented similarly? Have you checked either with dev tools, or WASP, or other tools, that the GA hits are coming through?

Sorry for all the questions.... just trying to find out more.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Re: Google analytics suddenly stopped tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I feared that it was, the filters were put on as we had a lot of bots in
our data. The filters had helped sort it out.

Was the Google update designed to suppress filters?