Analytics
1.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google analytics not recording/reporting visitors to my site

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there,

I got a website that has been having  regular traffic and just saw that the visitors/traffic went to zero. The only thing that I have done to the website was to remove some poor quality articles posted by the previous owner and modified/removed some tags. I saw this problem after doing these adjustments and wondering if removing/modifying those tags have caused problems with the GA tracking code.

I have carried out a test with the Real-Time option and navigating at the same time throughout my website and definitely is not registering anything.

I'm hoping anyone can suggest a solution or how to fix this problem.

Many thanks.

Margafe 

Google analytics not recording/reporting visitors to my site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

for some reason, I just spotted that the tracking code in the WP header was removed and that is the reason why the GA was not registering hits. Now, the 2 questions are how in this world that script was removed? and 2) linking Adsense with GA could've have created this problem? (I linked Adsense with GA at the same time I was remodeling the site).

Any suggestions, welcome.

Margafel