Analytics
5.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google analytics data update

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

At what time does Google analytics does its daily processing? I have heard that : "Daily processing begins at 12:00 UTC". Is this correct?

Can any one let me know when GA actually does the data processing and after what time it is safe to take the last day data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author test a
April 2016

Re: Google analytics data update

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
It really depends on the data accuracy you need. There is always trade-off between accuracy and recency.
If you can't afford the change to a single hit, maybe wait for 24-48 hrs because that's what's given in documentation.
But based on my personal experience, doing analysis every morning on yesterday's data has no problem at all.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

One day is generally enough. But a safe answer is "after two days".

Processing latency is 24-48 hours. Standard accounts that send more than 200,000 sessions per day to Analytics will result in the reports being refreshed only once a day. This can delay updates to reports and metrics for up to two days. To restore intra-day processing, reduce the number of sessions your account sends to < 200,000 per day. For Premium accounts, this limit is extended to 2 billion hits per month.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1070983?hl=en&ref_topic=1008008

I think "Daily processing begins at 12:00 UTC" is misleading so they deleted it, because Google starts processing at that time doesn't mean they get to work on YOUR data at that time. Actually it's impossible to work on everyone's data at the same time considering their scale.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is this the confirmation then we will wait for 24-48 hrs of data before doing any action?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author test a
April 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
It really depends on the data accuracy you need. There is always trade-off between accuracy and recency.
If you can't afford the change to a single hit, maybe wait for 24-48 hrs because that's what's given in documentation.
But based on my personal experience, doing analysis every morning on yesterday's data has no problem at all.