Analytics
3.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google analytics and Other email tool - Data Discrepancy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Team, 

I am having some trouble with Analytics reporting, I have launched a Email campaign using activecampaigns, this toll automates email. 

Now this tool is showing 400 hits by the email campaign where as the analytics is showing 38! I use UTM codes to easy track Email clicks. kindly help asap. 

Landing Page URL: https://goo.gl/WvTDPw

Thanks, 

Sid

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

A few different things to check:

- are you comparing apples with apples? What is a 'hit' from active campaigns? Is it a click on a link? It could be that a 'hit' is an open of the email, or view.

- are all the links in your email all being labelled with utm tracking?

- are you looking for the correct campaign? check what the utm_campaign label is.

- are there any filters in place which could be relabelling your campaign?

- are there any redirects in place, on your site, which could remove the utm parameters?

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi John, 

My email has just 1 link in it, the email tool is checking link click on email. On analytics no increase in over all traffic as well so the hits/sessions/visits are not recorded. 

Thanks,

Siddharth