Analytics
3.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google analytics : ''Too many URLs''

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I found a topic talk about the same problem Too many URLs here i tried the solution, but i get again the same problem from google analytic, i things that is affect my seo, it's  dropped these days Smiley Sad

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google analytics : ''Too many URLs''

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Est E,

Whatever is going on in Google Analytics has absolutely no impact on your SEO.

If you have too many rows, you'll have a cardinality issue as there is a 50k row limit for tables. Usually this is caused by URL parameters making one page appear as many. Ususally the parameters are session id's etc. To correct, go to your view settings and add in the offending parameters in the "Exclude URL Query Parameters" field.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1010249?hl=en

Hope that helps.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply, i added the params on my view settings, i submited the change but after a few days they send me the same notification.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hey Est,

If you are now seeing clean urls and -- hopefully-- one row for each page then that is all you can do. The alert system will eventually realize that you have handled this, unless of course you still have more than 50k URL's collecting Smiley Happy

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn