Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google analytics Attubution help

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

My question is What is GA's default attribution model?

Last click or Last non direct click?

I suspect it is last non direct click.

Am i right?

Another question in GA ,suppose I am running a website from last 10 yrs and also implemented GA from last 10 yrs ago since it was launched.

So is there any limit for how much time GA will store and show my data?

Is it show the data from last 10 yrs or only show last 2 yrs or so?

For example if i login to GA can i see the data from last 10 yrs till today or only from last 2 yrs till today?

I have asked the question earlier but never get a direct answer.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Soumik Ghosh
February 2017

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

I checked a few of the properties I have access to and data is present from 2006. However, whilst this data may be interesting from a broad overview perspective (i.e. how has traffic grown since we started measuring) I'd be careful about comparing data from the present with data which is over 3 years old. Chances are someone else implemented the set-up so you've got no idea whether it's actually good data or not. Your website and/or business will also have, probably, changed dramatically so as you compare traffic trends over a longer period there will be more potentially confounding factors to consider. That's not so say you should not do it, one should just be cautious.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Last Non-Direct Click : refer: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1665189?hl=en

and for other query, just see in date chooser how long back it allows to select. :-)

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks .

Do you mean to say there is no such official documentation over this?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

That is official documentation that A T linked to. 

"Because the Last Non-Direct Click model is the default model used for non-Multi-Channel Funnels reports, it provides a useful benchmark to compare with results from other models."

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Another question in GA ,suppose I am running a website from last 10 yrs and also implemented GA from last 10 yrs ago since it was launched.

So is there any limit for how much time GA will store and show my data?

Is it show the data from last 10 yrs or only show last 2 yrs or so?

For example if i login to GA can i see the data from last 10 yrs till today or only from last 2 yrs till today?

I have asked the question earlier but never get a direct answer.

Thanks

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

when I tried in date selector it went max. to : Jan 1, 2005-Feb 14, 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Means from the beginning of when GA.

Am i right?

And you can see all the data from that long?

Mean to say can u see the data of 2005,2006, means the past data if you implement GA that time?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Soumik Ghosh
February 2017

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

I checked a few of the properties I have access to and data is present from 2006. However, whilst this data may be interesting from a broad overview perspective (i.e. how has traffic grown since we started measuring) I'd be careful about comparing data from the present with data which is over 3 years old. Chances are someone else implemented the set-up so you've got no idea whether it's actually good data or not. Your website and/or business will also have, probably, changed dramatically so as you compare traffic trends over a longer period there will be more potentially confounding factors to consider. That's not so say you should not do it, one should just be cautious.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks John for the answer.We just to analyze it more carefully when taking data for so long.And the fact is we can get the data from that long period also

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star

No worries. Another thing to consider is that it's not unusual for URL structure to change which can make page view data a little harder to understand.