Analytics
2.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google URL Campaign Builder - to UTMS for url I don't have GA for / access to

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'd like to create some UTM tracking codes for social media influencers to be provided with when they share a client's landing page/ facebook event. I'm not sure if I could even use this function for Facebook event, but in the case of the web landing page, I don't have access to the client's GA, is it possible to set up my own GA and run the UTM links as a campaign without having access to their GA? Also the UTM trackling links are v long, how can you shorten them in a social media friendly way? I've heard that Facebook doesn't like shortened links via thirs party sites, however a v long UTM tracking address would look awful on a Facebook post when the influencers are being provided the URLS they may not know how to remove it - on twitter this isn't an issue as it automatically shortens. Any thoughts welcome! 

Google URL Campaign Builder - to UTMS for url I don't have GA for / access to

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Am. If you don't access to Google Analytics in your client code. You will have to use facebook insights or export & analyze shorteners url statistics like goo.gl or bit.ly

Re: Google URL Campaign Builder - to UTMS for url I don't have GA for / access to

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks although I've read facebook and twitter don't like shortened links
like bitly or google url shortener?