Analytics
5.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google Search Console Reporting

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi folks,

I am using Google Search Console for the first time to recreate an SEO report - I was looking to use the new connector for Google Data Studio to pull this data in, but I see that Search Console is also in Google Analyitics, so can I just connect to the GA API and pull my Search Console data through this way? What are the benefits (if any) of connecting directly to Search Console? Does all the date from Search Console get pulled into GA?

Thanks, for your help,

Ben

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ben P
March

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Search console has its own API, and the data is not available from the GA API even though it appears in GA.  The GSC API might let you download more than the web interface allows you to, but that depends on whether there is actually more data available. GSC data is limited to last 90 days...

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Search Console is more leveraged towards SEO-specific data such as keywords,

where analytics is concerned with basically everything else.

However, from what I've seen the search console API is still very buggy with data studio, so I'm bumping this thread for exposure.

I'm hoping they realize and repair this issue, because the search console report template is just what I need, but cannot use.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I love the Search Console feature in Analytics. It includes Landing page metrics, Countries that viewed the website, Devices, and my favorite, Queries!

Search Console is great for tracking keywords that visitors use to find the site and also related keywords. I highly recommend adding this to your Analytics dashboard.