Google Experiments and Segments[ Edited ]
March 2017 - last edited March 2017
When viewing an experiment's report the "All Users" results are different when segments are added.
For example, when landing on an experiment report screen the default segment is "All Users". Viewing this report my Variant A is 10% positive for "Compare to Original" value.
Then if I add the segment "Mobile Traffic" to the report the same Variant A becomes -5.35% for the "Compare to Original" value even though "All Users" segment is still applied.
Then if I select and apply "Mobile Traffic" segment the "Compare to Original" value for Variant A becomes -21.11%. I expect when applying the "Mobile Traffic" segment that this is now the result of the segment being applied, so I'm not confused by this result.
However, I am confused as to why when I add the segment to the report, but "All Users" is still the active segment, that the data for the variant changes.