Analytics
2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google Display versus Social Media

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please, is there any correlation between Google Display and Social media Channels in terms of traffic generation? If, then what impact does the display has on social media.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Display versus Social Media

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Bidof,

try to assess that possible impact in your Conversions > Mult-Channel-Funnels > Top Conversion Paths report (with filter for 'google display' and/or 'social').

Christoph

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
There will be some, you have to think of the online world in terms of different devices these days, everything works together in the bigger picture. webfield is right, one of the best things you can do is check the Multi-Channel-Funnels report.

What are you looking to achieve?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks.

What happened was that; after pausing my display campaigns i discovered that the only channel affected was the social media. There was a sudden change (drop) in social traffic and i now wondered if there is any correlation between Google display network and social media.

Warm Regards

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
It will depend on the business, placements, types of traffic/users and lots of other variables I'm sure, but from what you have just said about data trends you have noticed - there seems to be correlation in your case! Smiley Happy

The only way you can know for sure is to test, and use the data you already have! Try turning it back on and see if the traffic improves again. Let us know if you find anything more!