Analytics
1.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics vs Flurry

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Recently we started using GA and its doing awesome work. We have more than 70 apps in flurry and we are planning to migrate to GA.

However header level data dont match viz. Daily Active Users, Retention. Has anybody done R&D on this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Analytics vs Flurry

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Gaurav,
I doubt you will ever find two programs that track metrics of any kind that will match up. Over the years I have used many applications to track metrics and whenever one went out of favor or needed to be migrated to a new tracking method the numbers have always been different some show more pageviews and sessions while others show less. At my location we do not get caught up in the numbers we look for trends and outliers and do predictive modeling to show if we are looking at growth or a possible decline in the metrixs.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @Brian B for sharing your experience. By any chance do you (or anyone else) know how GA sends data when user is offline? Flurry sends data when the APP is launched later, and it's online. We suspect Google sends data when the PHONE is online later.

Thanks 

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

I could be wrong but I believe GA sends data only in real time so if your app allows for offline browsing those hits, pageviews and sessions would be lost