Analytics
5.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics stopped working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After adding a new domain name, the analytics stopped working on my web page

Re: Google Analytics stopped working

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Scott,

Sorry to hear this! Can you share the URL of your web page and us know where exactly you added a new domain name?

Ali

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello, my original site name is - scottknox.artstorefronts.com I went to the site address page and added a new domain name of scottscamera.com Both names work but when the second shorter name was added, no more data was collecting on my stats page

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Scott,

In Google Analytics you need to update the site URL you've asked Google to look at for Analytics data. This screenshot shows you where it is - it's in Admin > View > View Settings

Ali

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I will try to find it now and respond soon, Thank you !!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
OK, I changed the URL to the new shorter name. I assume this will only collect data for people keying in scottscamera.com and for the customers that continue to use the old name of scottknox.artstorefronts.com, I will not get that data ? At this point, I would be glad to get 'any ' data . Will keep you posted. I appreciate your suggestion !!!!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Scott,

That's a good point, and for that I could recommend using a separate view for the other site (change back to old URL, duplicate that view and change the URL to the new one) plus having the old site redirect somehow to the new one.

Ali

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you again Ali

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
No problem Scott - I hope you're seeing the data you want to see now.