AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics is showing 00:00 session duration after AMP implementation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Friends,

I am facing a surprising issue with one of my websites. I have implemented the AMP and also tested the number of pages in Validation Checker tool. All are showing fine. No errors or mistake found. 

People also started website's AMP pages while searching through their mobile devices and Google Analytics is also showing AMP visits but Number of pages (Both AMP and Non-AMP) who received many visitors but all their session duration are 00:00.
Channels   Analytics.pngChannels   Analytics(1).png
1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You obviously have a pageview/event tag firing multiple times on your AMP pages.

Read this: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Understanding-the-bounce-rate/ba-p/859398

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Julien,

Thank you for the help.

What are the actionable steps need to take in order to resolve the issue?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Look at your AMP code and search for duplicate instances of your GA tracking code. Then remove one.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan