Analytics
1.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics data lost

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Following on from discussion on this old thread (which i can't seem to stop from re-directing: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/analytics/ER2GPHYGo10 ), our data loss continues in a View in our Google Analytics account.  For a few years, everything has been fine, but after a 3-day drop out of all data in early October, we are now in a period of about 20 days where most of our traffic is not appearing in our main Analytics filtered view. Most of that traffic is Organic.

Webmaster tools does not show any errors, and the site data is fine in other Views, and the site is happily appearing in Search Results.

My initial ticket with Google's support team has just been closed with their conclusion being: "Unfortunately, the technical issues were unable to get fixed by our engineering team and also there is no other work around."

When i contributed to the old thread, many others were also experiencing short-term data drop-outs in different countries, accounts, and similar dates. Any one else still experiencing this?

Andrew

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Analytics data lost

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Andrew,
Can't seem to get to that thread.
Could you possibly post the details (including the URL of your site) here?