AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics and AdSense utm tracking and revenue discrepancies

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google Analytics Adsense eCPM differs from Adsense RPM, even though these numbers are supposed to be the same (just different naming). We are also having discrepancies between these accounts for the total revenue. Additionally, AdSense url channels do not allow tracking with utm parameters, so it is unable to track the different revenue by sources. Because of this, we are having to use utm parameters in Google Analytics, but we do not know how accurate it is due to the discrepancies.

If someone could please contact us. My email is: <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Please note it is counter to Community Guidelines to request assistance outside the forum itself, and/or to provide your contact information in a forum post. Thanks for your understanding.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Have you found how to track adsense revenue by utm parameters? I am also using google analytics for this, but don't know how accurate it is. It is using data sampling which always returns different data. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Unfortunately, we have not. Our discrepancies are only a matter of maybe $0.05-1.00 at most, but we are still continuing to use Google Analytics to track revenue by campaign and source.