Analytics
4.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics & Google Play Developer Console

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am using Google Developer Console for my app linked with Google Analytics , the acquisition channel for April in GDC shows:

Acquisition Channel                                                                                Installers

Overall

Play Store (organic)

And the same data for acquisition within Google Analytics account  linked with my  app shows:

Source/Medium                                                                               New Users

Overall

(direct) / (none) 6300 

The rest of the channels are properly tracked, although there is slight variation.

Is the "Play Store (Organic)" from Google Developer Console categorized under "(direct)/(not set)" in Google Analytics?

Re: Google Analytics & Google Play Developer Console

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
If you don't have the GA campaign tracking enabled in your app install link, then yes, it'll be direct.

Re: Google Analytics & Google Play Developer Console

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am already using UTM to track the other installation campaigns, but the only concern is regarding the mismatch in GA and Play developer console data.