Analytics
4.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics View Comparison

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear all, 

I would like to create a monthly report on one page, where I compare different websites (each website has its own view) with the same metrics (Users, Bounce Rate, Session, Avg. session duration...) Like on the view overview page but with other metrics.

Is this possible in Analytics, and if so how can I create such a report?

Thanks for your help

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Analytics View Comparison

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Couple of different options:

If you have an unfiltered view, with all the data from the different websites then you could probably create a dashboard, within GA, which uses hostname as a filter.

You could experiment with Google Sheets and the Google Analytics add-on and use the API. You could then filter by hostname in your various queries. 

Just as an aside - do you mean that you have the same tracking code on different domains, and then view each domain as a separate view? While this is ok for a domain, with sub-domains it's not so great for entirely separate domains - much better to have unique tracking code for each unique website (the exception may be when you have a large volume of traffic moving between them).

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.