Analytics
4.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics User Flow Not Accurate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Google analytics is not accurately showing the users flow. For some reason, some of the links reported to be something like this /treatments/onlyaesthetics.sg where onlyaesthetics.sg is my domain name.

So obviously by inserting onlyaesthetics.sg/treatments/onlyaesthetics.sg will return an error. However Google Analytics show quite a number of user flowing through such link. This is not the only link that Google Analytics show such error.

I was wondering if this could be caused due to the use of Wordpress?

Tried to search the net, but seems like nobody encounter such issue.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andi C
April 2016

Re: Google Analytics User Flow Not Accurate

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Andi C :-)
In the Admin settings in the View Settings page, have you entered anything into the optional Default page field?
(Its directly after the Timezone country or territory settings)
WordPress does not usually require a default page to be entered so it can be removed if one has been entered.
That should fix the issue going forward.

Apart from that, are there any filters applied to the view that may be affecting how Request URI's are written to the reports?
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andi C
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Andi C :-)
In the Admin settings in the View Settings page, have you entered anything into the optional Default page field?
(Its directly after the Timezone country or territory settings)
WordPress does not usually require a default page to be entered so it can be removed if one has been entered.
That should fix the issue going forward.

Apart from that, are there any filters applied to the view that may be affecting how Request URI's are written to the reports?
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry for not replying earlier.

I was monitoring the changes. Yea, indeed there was my domain in the default page. That helps!

Thanks a lot.