Analytics
2.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Unique ID - User Lists

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Curious to know how others have created widgets or reports around user lists. Our team created a unique ID to read who the user is and what team they belong to. The issue we ran into is that 1) widgets can only determine a metric or dimension and 2) the unique ID is accessible at the user explorer level but isn't currently tied to the other parts of analytics or our events, so we can't drill-down to the user level which is our intended goal. (i.e We can view a list of all users using the site on a Mobile device, not just the group numbers as a whole)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Analytics Unique ID - User Lists

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,
this is why 2) most implementations copy the User ID in a custom dimension (used for page view and event tags) to allow for custom reporting.
Furthermore 1), most organisations I work with don't use dashboard widgets but use custom reports instead or (better) the API to pull full lists of interactions per user.
VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan