Analytics
3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Site Search Option Not Working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you in advanced for your time.  I went through the steps to enable Google Site Search on my Wordpress website several months ago in order to "advantage of your site’s search function, which search terms they entered, and how effectively the search results created deeper engagement with your site." However, there is no resulting report under the Behavior tab.  Not sure what the problem is.  My wordpress sight uses the generic search box widget so I was wondering if I needed to use a different search widget or if there is another problem I might be facing.  

Below describes the steps I took, based on the Google support document at the following link: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1012264

• I've turned "Site search Tracking" to on. 
  • I've entered "s" (minus the quotations) as the query parameter since when I do a search on my website, it returns something a link with [example.com/?s=contact
  • I have NOT checked the "Strip query parameters out of URL" button
  • "Site search categories" is set to off since my search widget doesn't give the option to do advanced searches

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Allan W :-)

If you go to the site search reports and look at the Site Search > Usage report

In the first column for Site Search Status does it show Visits without Site Search being 100% of the sessions?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bronwyn, thanks for your response! I was able to search the reports for site search and find it as you suggested!