Analytics
5.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Revenue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Good Morning,

Big Query utilizing Google Analytics data: 

I'm able to pull using SQL out of BQ(Big Query) but the revenue figure is huge when pulling in Ad Unit as well as Ad Group.  I'm curious how GA(Google Analytics) calculates revenue so I can report on the correct figure.  I figure this is not normalized.  Any one able to find a method or methods on pulling out the correct figure for revenue?  

Thanks!

Google Analytics Revenue

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Analytics really doesn't calculate ecommerce revenue, but simply reports the revenue that you send in with ecommerce tracking in the first place.

So step 1 - if you don't trust the data you're seeing - is to verify that the actual ecommerce revenue tracking is working as expected.

Then you should be able to export revenue data using the normal dimensions (ga:transactionRevenue or ga:itemRevenue depending on what you want to do).

Also check your currency settings on the view you're checking data for; revenue might seem huge if you're really looking at 100,000 Brazilian Real and think you're looking at USD.

Furthermore, there's no Ad Unit dimension in Analytics, so I'm not sure what you're looking for there.

Google Analytics Revenue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Phillip,

We are joining Double Click for Publishers which is where those dimensions are coming from.  The revenue we are pulling is Ad revenue, the api dimension ga:dfpRevenue so the two products are to the best of my knowledge connected.  Because we are not pulling ecommerce revenue does that pose additional problems?