Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Page Views

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My page views from the month don't seem to match Blogger. I showing a lot less on analytics and I have had a lot more comments in the month than page views and I am wondering why this is? Has it synced correctly?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks

Susie

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Analytics Page Views

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Susie,
Blogger stats and GA tracking will not match, they are different systems tracking users in different ways,
so its a bit like trying to compare chalk and cheese.
For the most part GA usually only tracks human traffic and not a lot of the bots and spiders that can often visit
sites and blogs.
What method have you used for installing the tracking code? THe blogger setting option or by manually adding
the tracking code to the html template?
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Thanks for such a fast reply. I have copied the tracking code into my blogger template. Is this correct?
Thanks for explaining, Google Analytics says my page views for this month are one thing, but I have had double the amount of comments in that time. period Why has it not picked up those page views?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Are you able to provide a link to the blog?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Also just to add, if you have manually added the tracking code snippet to the html template,
1) Make sure its just before the closing </head> tag
and
2) Make sure to change the Mobile template from Default to Custom by clicking the gear icon below the Mobile preview

live-on-blog

Select radio button for Yes. Show mobile template on mobile devices.
then Select Custom from the Choose Mobile Template drop menu,
Then Save the changes.

change-mobile-template-default-custom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes sure! www.susannahzabelle.com

I pasted the code before </body> was that incorrect?

Since doing this it has started to give more accurate info it seems.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Susannah,

you said: " I have had double the amount of comments in that time. period Why has it not picked up those page views? "
could it be that several visitors posted many comments within 1 pageview? are 100% of these comments from absolutely different unique users?

It is also possible that not all of your blog pages have google analytics code.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Thanks Susie :-)
There are a couple of things going on. There is something called snapwidget that is also using google analytics that may be interfering with your own tracking.
What I am going to suggest you do is remove your current tracking code snippet and replace it with the following code instead

(make sure that is the correct UA# in it):

<script type="text/javascript">
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','__gaTracker');
__gaTracker('create', 'UA-61674603-1', 'auto');
__gaTracker('set', 'forceSSL', true);
__gaTracker('send','pageview');
</script>

It renames the global object from ga to __gaTracker so as to prevent any code conflicts with other things that may also be using Google Analytics for their own tracking.

It should be placed jsut before the closing </head> tag rather than the closing </body> tag.

And I still also suggest changing the mobile template from default to custom as per the earlier post and screen shots otherwise visitors on mobile wont be tracked correctly.

Thanks
Bronwyn