Analytics
2.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Not Showing Traffic Data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a new site and I don't believe my data is correct as far as my users and page views. I have the GA plugin on my word press site and the data is much higher. Can someone help me? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Shannon G :-)

Can you please provide a link to which plugin you are using. and a link to your site

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

site is: http://www.planomoms.com and the plugin I'm using is Google Analytics version 2.1.3

My problem is when I go to google analytics (from google, not my site) It's showing no users. But my plugin is showing page views and users. 

Re: Google Analytics Not Showing Traffic Data

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Shannon G :-)

I'm not seeing analytics tracking as being installed.. i checked the site source code, used ga debugger and google tag assistant

notags-planomoms.jpg

You may want to try reinstalling it.. i'm not seeing the mentioned plugin as active when i check the site source code either.
Your theme is a Genesis child theme, Genesis framework offers an option in the theme settings to add javascript code to the head section of a website.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Are you able to tell me how to do this? I'm not sure what exactly I should do. 

thanks

Re: Google Analytics Not Showing Traffic Data

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

You should deactivate and/or uninstall the analytics plugin and then simply copy/paste your tracking code snippet into the follow Genesis theme settings area

Make sure the tracking id matches the one in your GA Account for your Property.

genesis-theme-settings