Analytics
3.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Missing data in Custom report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I am using Google Analytics to track user's behavior on our website. I set several custom dimensions and use them to organize custom reports.

However, I found there are many missing records in my custom report. I knew that because I was screen record while testing some function on the website. Sometimes, there are no record in certain period of time. I got to know that when I compare the reports with the video. I realized there is "Bad Default URL" error. Will that affect the data in custom report?

Any ideas on this?

Thank you! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Analytics Missing data in Custom report

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
The Bad Default URL error will affect a few things, but it is more likely that your problem is because including multiple custom dimensions in your reports excludes all visits where any one of those custom dimensions did not have a value -- there is no such thing as (not set) for a custom dimension. If there is no value for Customer Dimension 02, then that session is not included in the report even if Customer Dimension 01 had a value.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.